Friday, May 25, 2018

1998 season info

Back in 1998 or so, I had the idea to create a baseball simulation game. I had a carrom board similar to the one on the left,
Image result for carrom board
and I noticed how it kind of resembled a baseball field, with each of the pockets being a base. Using the board as a diamond, I grabbed a marble as a baseball, and used a pencil as a base, and tossed up a marble and would try to hit it. If a marble passed a certain point in my room without hitting the ground, it was a Home Run. If it landed in a pocket, it was a groundout. If it landed on a fly in an area probably covered by a fielder, it was a flyout. Simple rules. I had 12 teams in the first season, 6 in each league, and the Yankees and Mariners were in the NL for some reason. Keep in mind, I was probably 15 at the time. Each team would play each other once.
There was also a draft held before the season started. I was lucky enough to save records of the draft, as well as a few other things, but many of the records have been lost. I do have my season 1 stats, as well as a random player or two. I believe I have line scores to just about every no-hitter that was thrown, as well as the line score to the All-Star game. I used lineups for the 1997 season, and in 1999, I started the 2nd season using the 1998 lineups. The Atlanta Braves went 11-0, and swept their was to the World Series title. Like I said, there isn't much info that was saved from the first season, but there you have the basic rules, and info about the first year.

No comments:

Post a Comment